We were about 90% done with our client's attic master suite when they decided "Hey, let's gut the kitchen now, too." Well, ok! So that's we did. They have such cool style that it was fun to be able to play with bold contrast between white and navy cabinetry, gold accents, large-veined marble and a patterned cement tile floor. We hope you like the before and afters as much we we do! (links to shop this post at the bottom)
Client's must-have list
- New flooring including leveling it all.
- All new cabinetry and countertops. Remove soffits.
- Open up kitchen into dining room.
- Paint everything.
- More lighting.
We specialize in finding ways to make things look custom and beautiful without breaking the bank. Our trick is to focus on a few key wow-factors and then let other things be more affordable. In this project we splurged a bit on the floor and marble countertops but then used affordable cabinetry and fixtures (lights, plumbing, hardware). To keep the budget down we put butcher block on one side of the kitchen and only did a marble slab backsplash behind the stove and by the butcher block, and did an affordable white wood trim piece everywhere else. The ideas is that down the line the client can add tile instead of the white wood should they want to. But if not, the white wood trim still looks beautiful as-is.
Another trick? We spray paint light fixtures ALL THE TIME. We found very affordable fixtures that all had a similar look but then spray painted them to pull it all together.
Shop this post...
- Marble countertop - we'd be happy to help you find the perfect stone
- Navy cabinetry and shelving is custom. The paint color is Sherwin Williams Naval.
- White cabinetry
- Cement floor tile
- Gold cabinet pulls
- Gold cabinet knobs
- Chandelier - NOTE - we painted the light covers gold. Wwe can purchase this for you with our trade discount!
- Woven planter in cream
- Pedestal table
- Staging items: Chairs are both vintage. We have a slew of staging items in our inventory that we use from project to project, so if you have a question on anything in particular send us a note!